Organizing and Projects
There are a few groups and projects that I have been involved with for the past few years:
- Regular reviewer for JAIR, TACL, ACL, NAACL, EMNLP, various workshops for vision-language, multimodality, language generation. Occasional reviewer for PAMI.
- Regular Area Chair at ACL, NAACL. Recent Area Chair at NIPS.
- WiNLP 2017, the first workshop for Women and Underrepresented Minorities at ACL. Co-organizer. 2016-2017.
- Ethics in NLP 2017, the first ACL workshop on Ethics in NLP. Co-organizer and webmaster. 2016-2017.
- ACL 2017, the Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Advisory Publication Co-Chair, 2017.
- Senior researcher at the JHU Center for Language and Speech Processing workshop on Detecting Risk and Protective Factors of Mental Health using Social Media Linked with Electronic Health Records.
- Seeing AI, a project to provide image descriptions for people who are blind. Research Lead.
- NAACL, the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Publication Chair, 2015-2018.
- INLG 2014, the Eighth International Natural Language Generation Conference. Main organizer and webmaster, 2013-2014.
- NIST's TAC 2013, defined the new task of "Sentiment Slot Filling" for the National Institute of Tecnology's Text Analysis Conference. 2012-2013.
- SIGGEN, the Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation. Student representative and webmaster, 2010-2012.
- Graduate student researcher at the JHU Center for Language and Speech Processing workshop on visually descriptive text. 2011.
- Autism and Alzheimer's speech research at CSLU. 2005-2012.
- The How Was School Today? project, creating language generation systems for kids with difficulty speaking. 2009-2011.
- The SimpleNLG project, which is a surface realization program. 2009-2011.
- Occasional havoc-wreaker at SignWorks of Oregon. 2005-2012.
- NLTK, a toolkit for natural language processing.
- WordsEye, which creates 3D scenes using language. 2009ish.